Skip to main content

Reply to "Is my kid too young to enter high school?"

I was glancing through posts and saw this thread.  Let me just say that I believe you are silly for even thinking this. 

I rarely comment on anything.  When I do it is typically not negative.  I will say this in the nicest way possible.

Your son is an incoming freshman.  He hasn't even hit his big growth spurts yet.  So many kids peak early and just stop improving athletically.  Some kids mentally break down and never recover (im referring to lost confidence at the plate).   How on earth can you be thinking draft..pro..or even D1 at this point???

The questions you should be asking are things like:  What goals should we have to get him recruited?   What summer team should he be playing for?  What showcase events should he attend?  Not, should we hold him back..That is just so ridiculous.  How do you know he wont get hurt at some point?  better yet, how would you feel if you held him back and suddenly during his senior year he tears his rotator cuff?  If he's as good as you believe, he will shine.  A year wont make that much difference.