Skip to main content

Reply to "To Share or Not to Share Interested Schools"

I apologize for constantly repeating my posts from years ago when my daughter was getting recruited.  For the most part, we were honest when asked.  It didn't seem to hurt and it even helped as some of the offers were increased.  However, my daughter was asked by one school and, unknowing to her, mentioned that school's conference rival as one of the schools recruiting her.  That incensed the coach who wanted my daughter to commit on the spot or they were off the table.   We got in the car and left.  

It was something to see the tone of a visit change so drastically.  It went from my daughter being their #1 recruit, she'd start right away, ... to commit now or you're not welcomed here.  That coach was gone in two years anyway so there you go.  One final thing on this visit.  This school had become one of the top 3 choices for my daughter.  What attracted her the most were the hitting facilities.  They had exceptional facilities inside and out and the coach told her she could hit in the outside covered cages since they were open and a lot of people hit there anyway.  As she hit, the coach watched from the field.  IMO, that coach blew it.