Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John...again."

ETR, My heart just sank reading this.....hang in there. My son had shoulder surgery last year and for a baseball kid and a baseball family it's rough . It's also absolutely impossible to fully understand unless you've been through it.

But to go thru major surgery and endure the rigors of rehab only to discover that another surgery was necessary ? I don't know how athletes and their families deal with this .

On this site , Most of the discussion is about recruiting . It's good. And it serves a purpose . But most of what is discussed isn't really important. Not really. Health is number # 1 . Kids and parents generally don't know this. Arm care is HUGE. Especially in High School. Too much discussion about 'Velo' and not enough discussion about rest and proper training .

The last thing I was thinking about was my sons 'Velo' numbers or the trivial idiosyncratic quirks of his recruiting cycle the day his surgeon showed me the MRI of his damaged shoulder .

What most folks don't realize is in the blink of an eye......everything can change. I know . I've been through it.

Last edited by StrainedOblique