Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

It's good to hear from the players and parents who are going through this process. Hearing about their progress and success helps take away a little of the stress of not knowing.

Since starting this thread I've gotten quite a few e-mails and phone calls from players and parents of players who have had this surgery. Between those and all the posts it seems like the best advice is to not rush anything and follow your rehab to the letter. To make sure that you give your arm plenty of time to heal properly. This is advice that we plan to adhere to.

Also it seems that while you are giving your arm time to heal,it is very important that you work to strengthen the rest of your body. Many people have stressed that with the time off it gives you plenty of time to work on your core and legs. The harder you work on the rest of your body gives you the best chance of coming back stronger then you were before your injury.

My son started a program on the stationary bike and also started to work his legs today. He is 4 wks post surgery as of tomorrow and like many others didn't have much pain. They removed his stiches after first week. He also had the tendon taken from his wrist and they also moved the nerve in his elbow.

bballhp07

My son also never stops talking about picking up a ball and getting to throw. Just be patient and good things will happen.

Would also really like players to update their progress every month so we can follow each others progress. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to share their info and also wish everyone the best of luck during their rehab.

Thanks Banitsbb