Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

Banditsbb,
Been there- I wish I knew what I know now. My son tore his ligament March of his junior year. He was clocked at 87 in Sept of the previous year (junior year in school) He rehabbed until the end of May and had surgery. Surgery was performed by Timothy Kremchek, Cincinnati Reds. Love him!
He pitched 11 innings his senior year and was the DH- .583. He did everything by the book but developed tendonitis during his throwing program and senior season. He really didn’t look like his old self until the summer after his senior year, though he did ok in front of scouts at the end of May. Signed in July to a NAIA in Ohio and is transferring to West Virginia State University-D-II next week. Was clocked at 88-89 - 2 weeks ago- change up at 73.

The toughest part is… mental- hands down. He will come back and probably be stronger because of the rehab. Every player is different- there is no exact answer.

College coaches will want them if they show their arm strength is back. I started helping in the college recruiting process one month after his surgery; sent out 85 letters/ bios to 4 states. We never hid the fact about surgery, when, how it happened (at a lesson) - nothing. Stats were and must be exact.
He had 78 colleges from 11 states to reply with 9 strong offers. The mail, e-mail and coach phone calls are a big part of what helped him through the year.

He worked his butt off and I did the same for him. The pay off- a young man that the coach told four days ago: This is your offer-$ and your job is to help us get back to the World Series.

Never stop believing. Best wishes to you and your son.
The BEST is yet to come!
Last edited by MSgrits