Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

banditsbb - just got on the website to find this thread from last August and bump it so I could see how others with TJ sugery were coming along and I find you've already done it! Thanks.
My son goes back to the Doctor Tuesday January 8th, and he is expected to start his throwing program. Our last appointment was the first part of November & he told my son then that if every thing was going good, he would start him on a throwing program in January (you should have seen the grin on his face!).
I know he is really exicted about throwing again, but also a little nervous.....he says he doesn't know if he remembers how to pitch.
He was throwing 89-90 when he hurt his arm, hopefully he will be able to throw at least that when he is finished with his rehab.
He signed a letter of intent to play for a NAIA shcool in February, hurt his arm in May, found out he needed TJ surgery in July, had the surgery in August. His college coach is wonderful, has allowed my son to keep his scholorship for all five years it will take him to graduate. He will have to redshirt this year, so I guess its a good thing his choice of major will take him 5 years to complete, that way he can still play baseball the next four years.
Hey everybody - keep us updated on your progress, I find it very interesting!!!