Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

My son had his surgery a year ago Feb 10th. He has been very fortunate not to have any set backs. He did get sore one week but only while hitting and throwing, so the coach cut out hitting practice for him for a while. He had his full release in Early December. Even then, his trainers and PT'S have held off the max effort. He started throwing off the mound in January. He was 88-92 pretty consistantly before his TJ. He called twice last night to give me his update. It has been good and could hear his excitment in his voice. He said he juiced it up a bit...wait let me re-phrase, he turned up the speed a bit, he was all of what he was prior to TJ at about 85% effort, so he says. He then received a bit of a tail chewing from one of the coaches after that, but the confidence builder was well worth it. Like others, the location thing does hit him also. The ball takes off on him at times but he works through it.
Some schools fail to support their players and it should be known. It should also be know when schools do support their players. My kids school has been above the bar of good, they have been great. He has had fantastic care at SDSU. His doctor is awesome too.
Good Luck to all!