Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

hey guys im a rhp recovering from tjs. had it done 05/03/2007, so im about 14 months out. ive taken the process back real slow, missing this past spring season at flagler college, and i just started pitching in a few summer league games in the Grest SOuth League. Ive had two appearances thus far, both an inning apiece. The first one went great, two groundouts and a strikeout in 12 pitches. 2nd outing not so good. couldnt control anything, 3 walks and 2 runs in one inning. Im scheduled to throw another inning on tuesday so im excited about that. my arm was fine, no setbacks for about the first 9 months. i still havent had any major setbacks. my arm has felt fine in my two appearances, but boy will it hurt for 2-3 days after that. Its been really tough trying to figure out how to pitch again after being out for so long, but i think im starting to figure out my mechanics a little bit. I was 83-86, touching 87 88 before surgery, but i havent got back up there yet. I was 79-81 my first time out, and 80-83 the second time. Ive noticed that after pitching it my arm will be very very tight the next morning. MY ROM is fine extension wise, but but bending it in towards my shoulder can be very tight and sore at times. anyone have any experiences with the 13-14 month stage, and what i can hope to expect these next few months?