Skip to main content

Reply to "Tommy John Surgery Results"

beelen21,

Welcome to the High school baseball Web. You will find alot of info and advice on this subject.First off make sure you listen to your doctor and give your arm time to heal. One of the worst things you can do is to try and come back to fast. Are you a pitcher or a position player?

My son had is T.J surgery on August of 07 after his sophmore year and started his throwing program in Jan. of his junior year (after 5 months post surgery). Andrew was his high school teams #1 starter as a sophmore and there was some presure for him to pitch at the end of his junior year. Don't be presured into trying to come back to fast. My son was able to play the infeild his junior year and had a very strong year. It sounds like your time frame would be about the same time as my sons. You can probably play your senior year but I doubt you would be able to pitch. Your doctor should have your entire rehab schedule and you need to make sure you follow it. If you plan on playing past high school you want to rehab for the future and not just your senior year. I know it's tough especially your senior year but keep a eye on the prize. It's a long and slow process. If you work hard good things will happen.

Again, it's good to get advice but listen to your surgeon and rehab therapist.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Banditsbb