Skip to main content

Reply to "Last Week Tonight w/ John Oliver: The NCAA (HBO)"

Originally Posted by justbaseball:

Pretty long, but pretty funny...and provocative.  Playing college sports is very definitely a privilege, but there's some good stuff in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...amp;feature=youtu.be

I saw this and agree it is right on the money...pun intended.

The thing though is I am not sure playing college sports is a privilege, rather I think it is something earned via some incredible talent, dedication and work.  It is the whole concept that somehow being on a college campus playing for State is something near holy that allows for this system to function.

I believe that has to be demystified for change to occur.  It is stuff like this that is getting us there.  The utter hypocrisy and arrogance of the bandits running college sports should be exposed.  Frankly I think some are nothing more than criminals sucking off the talent of young people who are entering into incredibly one sided contracts and forbidden representation.  It is an absolute outrage. 

I expect and hope the NCAA loses every single legal challenge and the players in football and basketball demand and receive about 40-50% of the revenue those sports generate.  So the teams making the final 4 in  this years basketball tournament will earn their conference $9.5 MM.  I say let the 15 players split $4.75MM and the conference gets the rest.