Skip to main content

Reply to "Too Hot at Showcase"

Had a similar issue and discussion with my wife this weekend. My 15yo 2018 son has been bothered by a glute muscle issue for about a month. Chiropractor seemed to have helped quite a bit and he threw a good full-strength bullpen two days before with no pain. He was scheduled to pitch 2 innings on Sunday. Started strong enough but was obviously in pain toward the end of the first inning - limping, wincing, etc. However, in the first inning, he had hit 84 consistently (topped out at 85) and the few recruiters/scouts in front of us were talking and frantically comparing notes as one whipped out his radar gun and got his own readings. In the second - at least to the wife and I - he was in worse pain, but soldiering through. I was trying to get his attention to tell him to pull himself out of the game, but my wife was trying to get me to sit down, worried that doing so would hurt him with recruiters. My point was he is a 2015 that hit 85 with a glute pull. he didn't have anything else to prove today and no one was going to worry about it if he came out. There are no points at these things for being "tough."