Skip to main content

Reply to "Too late for elite academic recruiting for 2016 grad?"

Daddyo,

Okay, gotcha.  Thanks for clarifying.  Yes, unfortunetly I think he's missed the D1 & Ivy boat, but that it fine.  He's got options to academically elite D3 schools as you described them, and an opportunity to play D3 baseball.  That is nothing to sneeze at, and frankly an opportunity that not many people get.  Considering the limited exposure your son demonstrated in front of college coaches, I'd say he got more than his fair share of attention if multiple coaches supported him.   College baseball at any level is difficult, and a huge commitment.  If this is something your son really wants then he needs to really start thinking hard about it.  If you've spent any time on HSBBWeb you know the devil is in the details and everybody's situation is somewhat unique.  Ask questions.

As he is weighing his options, I'd compare the specific major at each school your son is considering, the baseball program and any academic money of financial aid that is being offered.  Everybody has their own measuring stick for these three areas.  If you need help, I know the board can provide their two cents. 

As always, JMO.

Last edited by fenwaysouth