Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 10 events for scouting by college coaches"

Consultant posted:

PNW2017;

please see the web site for the Pacific Northwest annual events. During my time with the Area Code games, I visited many cities in the Northwest and we selected outstanding talent.

https://baseballnorthwest.com/...hwest-championships/

Over 70% of the Area Code players did not have a College scholarship until after the AC games. During the games 1987 -2004,  we created annual clinics for the players to learn from former MLB players.

We had agents try to promote their players. Showcase "promoters" pretending to be parents for the lower entry fee.

Each year players were placed who were not recommend by a pro scout and I placed in the games and they later played in the Major Leagues - Chase Headley, Albert Pujols, Jesse Barfield, Adam LaRoche to name a few.

Dustin Pedroia Red Sox was a "great example" of the cooperation with  pro scouts and the success of the games and Goodwill Series International. "Baseball Scout" from the HS web site was the SF Giants scout who selected Dustin and assisted in his decision to attend ASU.

"all in the 16 hour days".

Bob

Definitely know everything about Baseball Northwest and I would definitely recommend getting involved in this organization. As I am a 2017, I will no longer be attending baseball nw events, but I did complete my last summer tournament as a young 2017 with bbnw at the pg 17u World Series. For anyone thinking about getting involved with bbnw, if selected, you can go to the senior nw championships drawing over 150 schools, prospectwire east v west, pg World Series, Arizona fall classics, and Jupiter. I attended all with bbnw and they provided me with great experiences and I have the upmost respect for the coaches within the organization.