Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 10 events for scouting by college coaches"

My son will be attending the PBR futures games in Westfield IN this weekend. We have spoken to a half dozen college head coaches this summer and all of them speak highly of it, and mention that there are 150 or so college scouts there (games are for uncommitted only). It seems that position players have the best opportunity at the games, since pitchers only get 2 innings each, and for my sons team they are 1 inning each on two different days (out of the 3 games each team plays). They stack the games on 3 fields. I might post my opinion afterwards, but it seems like pitchers will have a hard time showcasing unless they are spot on from pitch 1, and I hope they have enough catchers per team to allow for proper warmups (which they won't, of course. But I can dream.)

I like PBR (Illinois) because they have followed my son this year despite the fact that he only paid for 1 showcase. They have "scouted" him at a regular high school game (actually texted him and asked when he would be pitching) , at the area showcase for Chicagoland top HS players and at the Area Code game tryouts. every time they update his stats on their site. he's never been "the chosen one" or a household name, just a kid grinding it out and getting better as he goes, so I appreciate that PBR is following him along the way.