Skip to main content

Reply to "Top "10" Excuses / Top "10" Reasons"

I feel this post needs some balance as it has turned into a sort of love fest for coaches. Coaches, just as parents, are just a representative cross section of society. There are good ones, mediocre ones, harmless ones, and downright terrible ones. Too much proof exists that the terrible ones do not get weeded out over time as long as they have the political savvy to hold thier job...that's right job. As a job, they should be and are subject to the same criticism that any paid employee is attributed. Because the product in question is more passionate than money, that perspective often is skewed by the critic (parent).

This is not sour grapes, as my son is the #1 and has signed D1. However I have witnessed many of the problems coach May seems to dismiss as fantasy created by parents/players. Favortisim, adult relationships between coaches/parents, coaching agendas, they all are real.

There is a saying, "stereotypes were not created without a reason". That applies as much to coaches as it does to parents.