Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 30 Picks"

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo con Huevos:
PGstaff

you act like a kid collecting trophies throwing out all of the numbers on players that have been to PG and been drafted... who cares...

I dont think PGstaff is acting like that at all. I think he - and his staff - are proud of what they have built and all the kids they have helped gain serious exposure. As for who cares - all you need to do is go to an event - lots of Baseball people care. .

all you did was charge money and set up schedules for teams that come in to play. How about giving kudos to the real people out there actually doing something... like their pitching instructors, or hitting instructors.. or the kids themselves who had the talent to get to wwhere they are... any other tourney directors for the summer could claim the same stuff you do just not the high of numbers because they don't have a lot of teams come in by the herd...

That is not even close to what PG does - they do alot more than that - you just arent aware of it. Additionally - they arent there to give kudos to instructors. They are there to provide the best collection of competition to the players - and to promote the best players on a national and regional scale.

can you honestly say that those kids would not have been drafted had they not gone to PG? Nope. Everyone of them would have been drafted. Just like the tourney they went to the week before your or the week after yours...

I would bet you alot of money that many players' opportunities to play college or pro ball have been significantly enhanced as a direct result of their performance at a PG event

it's nice to see people out there taking credit for doing nothing but providing a field for these guys and yet they act like thgey've been working on their mechanics and workouts since the players were 12...

Taking credit? I dont see that. Where did he say he was taking credit?

PG is just another stage making money for themselves... they have not (one on one) worked with any of these kids but seem to take credit when they get picked...

If you have ever been to a PG event - you will know how misinformed that statement is.

how convienient...

Let me just add - going to PG events is also alot of fun.

I remember going to my first Jupiter tournament with my eldest son several years ago - and I remain amazed at the talent that was there that year.

When it was all over - I remember my son coming up to me after his last game - he was dog tired and a bit beat up. He strolled on over - and the first thing he said was - "Dad - that was pretty cool".
Last edited by itsinthegame