Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 30 Picks"

MN-Mom

if PG did not exist all of those players would still go on to play in college or be drfted no doubt about it....

they are just a bigger tournament than any other tourney those kids play in on any given summer or fall weekend... those teams that go there... Midland Redskins, Hou Heat, Mustangs, Tigers, DBAT, East Cobb, etc, etc they all have players being seen every weekend... at tourneys they host or play in ... just those tourney directors do not credit for those kids being drafted - why? because all they did was set up schedule for teams to play... they didn't have anything to do with getting the players to where they are athletically...

I am from texas... there are tourney here (Mustang Classic, Hou heat, East Conn in GA etc) You can go to any of these tourneys and see 25-35 college pro scouts every day... but Carpenter and Cross and Beavers aren't out there shouting that look at all these players that played in our event and got drafted or went to college...

heck, i could go around and find all of the top 07 kids, invite them over for dinner and then after the draft say look at all of these kids that got drafted after they ate dinner at my house... though there would still be no correltaion between dinner at my house and their talent...

No doubt PG is a great place to feel the baseball frenzy and play top of the line talent... but there is no correlation between PG and all of these kids being drafted - none...

I kept reading in BA about Jwalden hitting 98, 99 in a summer event through AABC at TCU over last summer... but TCU never took credit for getting him to be a top prospect.. they were just a stage where he was performing....

I have absolutley nothing against the PG showcases... but when they start throwing out thier numbers about kids drafted that went there - that is absurd - ask any Area Scout if they knew about any of those players before they showed up at PG and they will say yes...

too many people taking credit for doing not a whole lot (in the big picture of things)... these kids talents got them to where they were... and thier personal pitching/hitting instructors (if they had one)... not any event they played for...

Those teams that go to PG are not some super series, triple crown type teams... they are legit programs where those kids will be seen by 100 scouts a summer outside of PG....

PG just paints his blank picture, of numbers, to get people interested in coming out there...
i wish i could pat myself on the back for something i didn't do... and then talk about it... and tell everyone just how great i am...

PG you do get kudos, from me, for handling a huge tourney with lots of teams and making sure it runs smoothly.....