Skip to main content

Reply to "Top 40 College Programs"

Now that I no longer have a dog in the fight (hint: this won't be PC), I wonder if the schools who aren't on the list might be happy about it. After all, beat up on the big boys too often and they won't play you.

When your kid is a sophomore in high school, has his first big varsity season and someone tells him he is good enough to play in college (or maybe even get drafted), does he say, I want to go to Coastal Carolina?

No.

Norfolk State? East Tennessee? Towson? University of Rhode Island? Hawaii?

No.

Now, if any one of those other (or any other) schools would like to overpay my son to coach, I'll be happy to edit my post. Until then, the winter Top 40 thing is only a place to start a good debate.

Until May, ratings don't mean a thing.

But PG, I do have a beef with you. Since you've said you concentrate more on high schools, I wonder when you'll come out with the Top 40 high school National Anthem singers at baseball games nationwide.

Even if ratings don't mean a thing, if you don't rate the Anthem singers, the daughters of posters all over this board will be damaged, knowing their most important places in the game were overlooked by people everywhere. They might lose out on their dream schools and go to places like Coastal Carolina.

You wouldn't want that on your conscience now, would you?
Last edited by OldVaman