Skip to main content

Reply to "Top D1 or Top D2"

Brn2Hit - interesting but nice problem to have.

The SEC coach is probably telling you the truth. Many of the top programs have much of their money tied up in pitching and after that in a few of their star hitters. Although this offer seems tempting, there is more risk involved about how much playing time you would get.

If the top D2 is someone like Tampa or Florida Southern, I don't see how you can turn that down. With the financial comittment, the coach is basically telling you that you would see significant playing time. At a program like that, you would have the opportunity to get scouted and drafted. Very difficult to get drafted if you are sitting the bench in the SEC although it has not been determined if you would be a bench player - there is just more risk there.

I can certainly understand a competitive player saying I want to go play with and against the best college players in the country but the top D2 offer may be too good to pass up, still provide top level competition, a chance to win a national title, and still provide you next level exposure opportunties.
Last edited by ClevelandDad