Skip to main content

Reply to "Top hitting instructors"

One more thing about Steve…

My son had the opportunity to work with Steve from about the age of 5 ½ and I truly believe that his love, respect, and enthusiasm for the game came from these hours with Steve. My son, contrary to popular belief, at one time, was a pretty good hitter but over the years has been relegated to the “bump”. He will tell you that working with Steve and learning the mind set of a good hitter has made him a better “thinking/adjusting” pitcher. It’s not just “stride & stop”, “hands back”, “nose to the ball”, “throw the hands” that make Steve the best. It’s hard to express, like putting your finger on mercury, but you know that “intangible” quality when you experience it, better yet you recognize it in others given the experience. I call it the “Steve factor” (SF for short). When you find it you are drawn to it. I’m not saying that Steve is the only one with this quality. However, I believe that this quality is the difference, one of the reasons, his students are soooo successful, not just as hitters but as baseball players. Bill Copp has it, Jim Donovan has it, Tom Matsie has it, Mike Palmer has it, Scott Nelson has it, Pat O’Connor has it, Buddy Swift has it, Mark Hayward has it (wonder where he got it from?) and, from reading CoachB25’s posts, CB25 has it, “INSERT NAME HERE” has it. Is this game great or what! The fact that Steve is a Chicago Whites Sox Fan is BONUS!

Sorry for the ramble. It's caffeine induced….crazy