Skip to main content

Reply to "Top New England College Players in 2008"

Once again no it is not the Twilight League. It is Similar to the twilight league but is not the Twilight League. Talent wise I would say it is very very similar.

Its an all wood bat league based in Vernon. It is the GHIBL. I think it was Started 4 or 5 years ago. I have Umpired for this league for the past 3 years.

There tends to be an abundance of College students in the league, regardless if they play College baseball. I know several of these kids do just by watching and hearing them chat among themselves in pre games.

I apologize for any misleading my original post may have had. I know the post is best college player. I assume that most of these post would be based on opinions. So I wanted to add something about these two young men I believe could be considered one of the best at there positions.

I checked the UMB roster for 08 to verify the previous info. Dan Rivkin is a Junior Pitcher on their team. I could not find any info of any college stats for Lorenzo Conte (as I stated previously, based on what he has told me personally). If Lorenzo Choose to play College Ball or someone convinced him to play college ball, he would probable be the best catcher in New England thats how good defensively and offensively he is. However I have seen these two numerous times as stated. And after Umpiring numerous leagues, in my opinion these 2 young men are definitely top candidates in each's respected position in New England.