Skip to main content

Reply to "Top Summer Programs in North Texas"

I do think the Tigers have the best overall program and I submit that the 2005 Tigers were the best youth baseball team (through the years) out of the DFW area, maybe among the best in the nation. Look at this team's graduates as freshmen in college: Roger Kieschnick was Big 12 Player of the Week last week, hitting .369 for Tech. There are also key 2005 Tigers contributing at schools like Notre Dame (Jeremy Barnes starting at SS and leading team in RBI's), Arizona State (Preston starts at catchter hitting .305), TCU (Hunt Woodruff catching & Derek Verhagen), **** Roberts (Kelly Minnesale Freshman All-America hitting .335 & Anthony Walsh), Central Arkansas, New Mexico, Xavier and Abilene Christian (Trey Watten hit .290 as a starter this year.) I'm know I'm missing a few players, but this group has won two AABC world championships and several others including CABA, USSSA and Triple Crown. There were at least four of the above in the Texas All-Star game last year, at least four All-Staters and at least three DMN All-Area. Almost the whole team were H.S. All-District players for 2 to 4 years.