Skip to main content

Reply to "Top Summer Programs in North Texas"

Taking a page from the DBAT GM school of promotion....An exerpt from some of our propaganda...

Do the McKinney Marshals have the best youth program in the metroplex for ages 7-18? No one knows for sure, but the overall success of the third year program from Collin County places it in DFW’s elite class of youth baseball programs. Beside an overall 850-327 (.724) record, the Marshals Youth Program accomplished the following in its first two years:

3 - National Championships
1 - NIT National Championship
6 - Top 3 Nat. Champ Finishes
6 - Top 10 finishes at Nat.Championships
4- State Championships
23- Tournament Championships
18- Tournament Second Place Finishes
73- Tournament Top 3 finishes
16- League Championships

One of our goals with the Marshals is to develop youth players through our organization, similar to a farm system seen in Major League Baseball. An example of player development would be 2004-5 Cincinnati Reds draft pick Jake Arietta, who played for our 18U team and who played for The McKinney Marshals Texas Collegiate League team in the summer of 2005 and will try out for Team USA this summer.
Our other goal is to mirror some of the finest youth programs in the country such as East Cobb (GA.), Memphis Tigers (TN.), Midland Redskins (OH), Orange County (CA) and the Kansas City Sluggers (KS).

The Marshals believe in the “lost art” of fundamental baseball that includes bunting, hitting the cut-off man, getting proper leads to steal bases, and practicing sportsmanship on and off the field.

I think the Tigers are top notch up and down the ladder and have been for 10 plus years, then I nominate us a close second in just our third year of existence..

Good luck to all this summer...

If you get a chance this summer, stop by a TCL game (www.texascollegiateleague.com) one night and see what college summer league is all about. I think your HS kids will get a feel for what it takes to play D1 ball as most of the kids in the league are from D1 programs across the country...