Skip to main content

Reply to "top tier vs. illinois sparks?"

Well I have been busy getting tourneys filled for kids who want to get seen by some college coaches while this forum is going on talking about the Sparks 18u team pulling out of the tourney at Logan and Siu that i am running on June 28th

lets set the record straight.....NO ONE PULLED OUT OF ANYTHING....Coaches want to see the unsigned kids...the 17 year olds more then the 18s....Bill Copp has several 17 year old kids and I asked him where the other 17 year old team was going.... He was going to send them to another tourney....When i talked with Jerry Halstead of Logan and the coaching staffs at siu they asked if there was anyway i could get the other 17 year old group to play in this particular tourney....

Bill adn I discussed the situation and he said he would move his 18s to the other tourney and put both 17 year old groups in this Volunteer Classic....to accomodate the RECRUITERS....

NO ONE FROM THE SPARKS ORGANIZATION BAILED OUT of anything....It was the college recruiters who want to see the younger kids--- the Pro Scouts want to see the 18s too but this is a tune up to go to Perfect Game....

MAYBE IT IS BETTER OFF WITH ALL THE HYPE about these two programs that they DO NOT EVER MEET ON THE FIELD.. i HAVE SEEN a few good teams already this summer and I am sure they could topple the Tier and te Sparks teams if they ever met in a series...

it is for the kids.....let them have fun and keep the BS down..no one is dodging anyone; the reputations of both programs are excellent...what is troublemsome is sometimes the adults "stir" up the coals....leading to "tempers" which spoils the whole set up for the recruiters and kids..