Skip to main content

Reply to "Torso Turn"

quote:
Originally posted by StarDad:
quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
StarDad,

I'm guessing your son is talented enough to do some things wrong and still hit very well at the level he is at.

Maybe, I don't understand exactly how he changes his stride so that it lands in different places. Where did you learn this technique? Or is it something that you thought of and it just made sense to you?

Anyway, do you have any video clips of your son that could be posted here.

BTW, I think there are some people who post here that could be very helpful, if you are interested in what they write.

Well, this technique was developed during a lot of practice in the Machine pitched batting cage. When I found he is not hitting the OC when he was young, I asked him to " Step in", don't give me those "ugly"" bend-over" kind of "Major league Bunt"(we called it) . We intentionaly stay away from the plate, let the pitch come outside. So when the pitch comes, he start lift his front leg, body lean toward the outside and give a full swing, and his front foot always landed in 3-4 inches, it hits very well. right now, we usually bat in the 75mile/h to 85mile/h cage. He can catch the OC almost everytime.
Sorry we don't have a video click. I don't really want bragging about it, since lot of coaches here watching the board, I don't want give out my son's ID until he become a senior in the HS and by the college recuiting time.
As far as the stride change, I don't feel anything wrong with it. You know Cardinals' SS DEstan has a running swing like the "Happy Gilmore." I don't think everyone can learn it.