Skip to main content

Reply to "Tough Decision"

@RJM So clearly you just read the last post and run with it.  Lots of trolling here.  Given you are the #2 poster on here I’m sure your one of the best.  I’ll bite so we can go in circles for a few days.  Never made excuses.  Also would never leave the development in the hands of a high school coach.  I’m aware of high school practices as he attended them all season.  Development occurs in more ways than practice and training.  You can train till you’re blue in the face, but live game reps are always going to be necessary.  My son has hitting,  fielding, catching and strength and conditioning coaches.  All are professionals and would be considered some of the best in our area.  He’s caught pens for college and MLB players.  Spends 10-15 hours a week on his craft outside of team practices.  Has played high level travel ball for the last 4 years, all of this is redundant because scrolling is hard.  My son is truly blessed to have those opportunities and doesn’t take them for granted.  Don’t assume you know who I am or what I know.  This all started with a simple question about doing things differently and has grown into people questioning my integrity and the abilities of my son.  Not really helpful or constructive.  If you would like to post your resume and why you’re an authority on the subject matter I’d be very interested in reading it.  While some high school coaches are great mentors and people.  Some are just teachers, picking up a few extra bucks doing I/O for few hours a week.  High school baseball is no longer a necessity for the player looking to play at the next level.  In the last couple of days I’ve experienced a lot of the same garbage mentality that is the true problem.  “I am high school baseball coach, hear me roar, but you damn sure better never question me because I am all knowing and above reproach.” I asked for opinions and ruthless and that is exactly what I received. I have no problems with conflicting views or opinions as long as they are helpful, but trolling is a complete waste of everyone’s time.  All the best.  I think we’ll take the far less obnoxious door number two.  Thank you.