Skip to main content

Reply to "Tough Decision"

@ReluctantO'sFan Thank’s for the feedback.  We were  pretty limited on the options for this summer because he wasn’t medically cleared to play when a lot of the tryouts were offered.  I contacted one of the programs he had played for in the past and they were happy to take a flier on him, probably are cool with my money too He’s on the C or D team but that’s fine by me.  Game reps is what we were after given all the challenges of the last year or so.  Great program and a highly respected coach.  He and I couldn’t be happier.  

By sheer dumb luck, a guy with a masters In exercise kinesiology who interned with driveline opened up shop next door to his hitting and fielding instructors and he’s been working with him for about a month with great results.  He’s in fantastic hands across the board and better yet he loves the work.  The wait for the growth spurt is always a tough one, especially when a lot of his teammates and friends are shooting to 6’/160lbs.  He’s eating like a horse now and is sitting 5’8”ish, 130.  I think he’ll get to 5’10”, maybe a little more.  Packing on some muscle shouldn’t be a problem either as it came pretty easy for me when I was his age.  He’s never going to be the physical specimen that scouts drool over, but his skill set, drive and work ethic should give him a fighting chance.  

Thanks again and best of luck to you and yours as well.