Skip to main content

Reply to "Tough Decision"

Thank you all for sharing.  In hind sight the reasoning is really not relevant.  I’m sure not playing for his school may bring about some additional questions, but it’s not something that my son won’t be able to overcome.  I can’t think of another sport that leans so heavy on tradition.  We’ve seen plenty of that lately with some of the 3-0 swings lately.  

It’s really easy to blast someone that bucks the trend, but having options may save a few from leaving the game entirely too early.  I try not to judge but I also understand the views of many here and respect them.  To be honest I struggled with a lot of the same thoughts myself.  

I’m literally sitting in the parking lot of my sons physical therapist.  I’ve spent two days a week for more than a year in this same parking lot hoping that it was going to be the answer.  My son was throwing in the low 60’s at 10 and the natural progression just never really happened.  He throws during his sessions and I stepped out of the car to watch.  I’ve never seen him throw this hard.  I asked what he thinks.  He just smiled and said, “he’s grown.”  

My son will stay at his school because the academics should put him on a path of success for when baseball is done.  We too have options where he will have an opportunity to play, compete and continue the chase.  

Hopefully another parent or player comes across this thread one day when they really need it.  I’ll keep everyone posted on our experience and hopefully one day I can report a commitment to play at the next level.  My son officially starts his summer games this weekend and hopefully a lot of you are prepping for the same thing.  Thank you again and I wish you and yours nothing but the best.