Skip to main content

Reply to "TPM"

Only today did I find this discussion.

To me, TPM is a passionate baseball parent...and a passionate mom. I love reading her posts...she puts it all out there for us to read. Rare...even here. And if you're barking up the wrong tree, she'll tell you. Personally, I like that.

For whatever reason...and I've seen this in the workplace too...some men have a hard time with a woman who speaks her mind, who knows more about a "man-topic" than they're comfortable with...and their only defense is to demean. They will deny it to themselves...and probably to all of us too. But it is what it is.

Maybe its kind of in our "man-genes"...because I know when my wife is right about something (and trust me, she's almost always right! Big Grin)...especially about a "man-topic" like baseball...it bugs me at first glance. Its probably a good thing we don't have a message board to discuss the things she's right about...or I'd look like a fool too! Eek

The thread TPM started was a good one. I have a minor leaguer...scratching his way through Spring Training and hopefully another season...its tough. WAY tougher than my job. Especially when you consider that for most of the players it is something they love doing more than anything else...and have been doing since they can remember (5-years old)...and any day it could be taken away forever. Thats a lot to swallow...especially for a young adult. And lastly, I think a lot of HS parents could have benefited from reading accounts by some of us.

But I won't post any either. Not worth getting bashed by the same few people over and over again. Just not worth it. Frown
Last edited by justbaseball