Skip to main content

Reply to "TrackMan at PG events"

PIS,

Do those college coaches you know care about velocity?  The radar gun reading is used pretty much everywhere.  There is no subscription involved in knowing what every pitchers peak velocity is.  Heck, the coach doesn't even have to purchase a radar gun or  buy a subscription to get that information.

You sound skeptical for some reason.  Of course, I guess you have the right to be skeptical.  At the same time, I'm not going to come on here and say your bus trips don't mean any of those colleges will be interested in the kids on the bus. I guess time will tell! Truth is I think you have come up with a good idea.  I think it can be very helpful to certain kids.  Then again, are all those kids potential college players? And what about the small guys that can't afford the bus?

I really think what you are doing is a great opportunity for some.  Just trying to prove that anything can contain skepticism.  When I hear the words, we will see or time will tell! I have to wonder.  Of course, those words can be used with anything new.  We might somehow screw the whole thing up, but there is no WAIT and SEE involving the value of Trackman information.  It is proven to be valuable, it's only new when it comes to us using it.  The cost Involved isn't going to involve any college, small or large.  Most could never even get access to the equipment even if they could afford it. I can only say that if the information is available and they don't care about it or use it, they should be doing something else for a living. It doesn't replace anything available now, it just adds more information.

Perhaps, I've allowed my emotions to get the best of me with this post.  But I didn't come on here starting the subject to advertise our business partnership with Trackman.  I'm not trying to talk people into going to PG events because we have Trackman.  I've simply replied to a topic that I am very excited about that will help the scouting community.  As always, it will only help those kids who stand out. Won't mean a thing for those who don't produce meaningful numbers. Trackman has created a lot of excitement in baseball. That is with or without Perfect Game being involved!

If I took you comments or intentions wrong I apologize.