Skip to main content

Reply to "TrackMan at PG events"

Earlier in this thread EveryDay Dad said he thought some of this data might hurt his son but I think it more likely will help a kid than hurt him. 

Sorry to use my kid as an example but Trackman is the first tangible data I have ever seen to support my son's results when the radar gun certainly does not.  Son is RHP and just gets kids out and is committed to school that finished in top 20 this year but tops at around 85 or 86.  

Two weeks ago he pitched at Lakepoint drawing a small crowd as he struck out 8 in 5 2/3 against a top team touching 84 a couple of times. One of my buddies joked what are they doing watching the thumber.  I never thought to look at Trackman. 

Fast forward to tonight and pitched an inning at PG WS.  I'm home so had Trackman up and he threw 10 pitches.  Most fastballs were 82 with spin rate of 2200 and both sliders were 2660.  If you look them up slider spin rate is off the chart and fastball is elite college conference pitcheR spin rate. 

Guess my point is this is one more way for a kid to get a legitimate shot when they don't light up the radar gun and explains why some kids may just get outs. Pretty interesting stuff for sure.