Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer portal baseball"

Ok…. I think that’s more rare than you think. I know ONE kid whose advisor was in the mix and I was pretty knowledgeable in the space.  (And he didn’t need help from the advisor, everyone knew who he was from 14 on. Drafted high from hs). My kid was ranked very high early on. Got invited to futures after one PBR event at as freshman. Never did another paid event.  His first PG was summer before his freshman year. I looked at the write up the other day, and the 2 14 year olds they wrote about above him and below him on the page are also currently at strong P5s.  Maybe going to an event early got them looking for them at the next events.? If so, I guess we did something right.  My son was ranked as a 10 and the number 26 pitcher nationally before he had an advisor. As an aside, he and the number 16 pitcher nationally are both struggling for play time.  Both 100% have the talent. It takes more than talent to make it. Takes luck, staying healthy, being with a coach that likes what you have and isn’t making you a project. Not easy.

Last edited by baseballhs