Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer Portal / NIL / Competitive Balance"

Right, NIL, not NLI <sigh>... bad fingers, no cold beverage for you tonight ;-P

PTWood - you describe scenarios where sure the money seems "reasonable and justified" (regardless of F/M) compared to those "high profile players" getting millions. Do they really need that?  What purpose does it serve? Having read many of your posts, I have a decent assumption that you and I agree in principle. I'm not against getting NIL "the right way" and for what it was meant to do... IMO, not allow the college to 100% capitalize while also not allowing the player a chance to make money without great scrutiny and looming loss of eligibility for something you may not realize.

Props to PitchingFan for throwing some levity into a recent example from a high profile / successful program with a player that had his face shown and name said repeatedly on ESPN during their run...

I'm in the skeptics crowd about things being done "the right way". Crazy for a sport that has 11-14 games per year and less opportunity to actually *see* a face. I know it's the "small percentage" that get those absurd numbers, but eventually I believe economics will catch up.