Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer Portal"

@FriarFred posted:

Here is a local story about a couple kids that have been impacted by the cancellation of the season, reduced MLB draft and another year of eligibility.  Real world example of what has been discussed here.  https://www.dallasnews.com/hig...g-extra-eligibility/

Typical media: "Division I signees in baseball and other spring sports are being told their scholarship can’t be honored."

I don't think this is possible. Sure, they told players there would be no playing time and that will cause them to find a new home but they can't pull money after a NLI's been signed.

Hogeboom left due to being told no playing time. And he gave up 50%? The article says New Mexico took Hill's scholarship away; there HAS to be more to the story as I don't think this is possible. Either he had no scholarship (as in the case of the softball player mentioned in the article) or he left due to the college suggesting he leave as in Hogeboom's case.

Make me wonder if the players should have just showed up on campus and called the coach's bluff. Eat that money. Perhaps the coach would be pissed and never give you an opportunity but at least you ate up 1/2 of a scholarship he wanted to use elsewhere. You can always leave after the fall and head to JUCO if calling his bluff didn't work. It really depends on how confident you are in your own ability.