Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer Portal"

@baseballhs posted:

I've seen the studs, played with or against a lot of them.  I've also read about players all the time.  I know what it looks like.  Look at Arkansas for example.  They have 9 2020s in the top 150. 4 in the top 50 and one went early in December and played in the Spring.  There are some recruiting classes that are loaded with studs that are walking into already pretty stacked rosters.  Vanderbilt has 8 in the top 100, walking into an already stacked roster.  There CAN be too many studs in one place.  The coach is absolutely not going to tell those kids not to come, but regardless there are roster limitations and at most places a kid ranked 200 would stand a good chance, this year is going to be odd.

Every kid that is recruited out of HS thinks he is a stud and so do his parents. When they get to college is when they find out if they really are. Play on the college field is what determines that. Rankings don’t mean a thing once you get to college. There are a lot of highly ranked kids coming out of HS that don’t crack a college lineup until their Jr year. Maybe we have different definitions of what a stud is. In my book there is no such thing as a college team that is completely comprised of studs. There are always role players and they are important too.