Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer Portal"

@Pedaldad posted:

The transfers in the portal are getting more interesting.  Now that roster sizes are unlimited for the 2021 season, more guys seem to be finding new baseball homes, at least for next year. 

The NCAA just continues to create messes when it comes to college baseball.  If the NCAA fails to act on time( addressing the 35/27/11.7 before 2021s are due to sign NLIs in November), they are going to create a new mess for college baseball coaches and players to deal with just as they are preparing for their do-over season. 

I'm seeing the same thing. I see guys getting picked up a the D1 level out of JC that you normally might not see there. What happens next year to the kid who goes onto a D1 roster of 45 players who doesn't belong there? In 2022 when they reinstate the limits, there will be a lot of disappointed players in a crunch. 

The more this goes on, the more I think the NCAA - at least for baseball - jumped too quick to find a solution. In retrospect, the better plan may have been no plan at all.