Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfer Reasons"

Take what I'm saying with a large grain of salt, and understand that my kid transfered not willingly this season.

Go back pre pandemic and pre new transfer portal rules and the majority of cases seem to be over recruiting and playing at a level that they aren't good enough to play at.

As been pointed out over and over, times have changed. Yes there is more talent than ever in college baseball, but there are tons of cases where coaches seems to just want to make changes for the sake of making changes. In this thread alone you have kids throwing upper 90s, 50% of freshman told to leave on teams. Did all these kids over shoot? There's middle ground between being a complete P5 stud and not being able to play at the D1 level. P5 coaches are always going to look to replace players, but I don't think lesser D1s schools are all "always looking to replace you" and "Coach needs to win to feed their family".

Of course coaches always want to win, but just like P5 coaches could over recruit and not deal with the consequences, you now have mid major and lower D1 coaches that think they are Tim Corbin, and cut players and try their hand in the portal. How many players in the portal end up making lateral moves?

Anyway JMO.