Skip to main content

Reply to "Transferring from D1 to D3"

@bossdude12 posted:

Hey everyone,

I am currently a senior at a division one school. I have had limited playing time at the school and am searching for a better fit for me. However, I am also looking to get into a better school. I have a 3.8 GPA and have had internships and other experiences to boost my resume. However, the school I am currently at does not offer the post-grad opportunities I am looking for. With that, I was wondering if it is possible that I could transfer to a top D3 grad school. I have two years of eligibility left due to COVID and a red shirt. If anyone has done this or knows someone who has taken this path, it would be awesome if you could provide some details on how it went. Please let me know.

Thank you.

It's definitely possible, and you should go for it if you want to keep playing.

For specifics on the mechanics of transferring, you should contact Rick at Informed Athlete. He's an expert in NCAA transfer rules - they are quite complex. This is not something message board posters will be able to help you with.

Rick charges about $175 for a consultation, so be sure to come with questions in hand in order to get your money's worth. He can walk you through what you'll need to do and offer a timeline. The transfer window opens and closes at very specific times, and the rules for a grad transfer are different than for an undergrad transfer.

www.informedathlete.com

Last edited by SpeedDemon