Skip to main content

Reply to "Transferring from D1 to D3"

So in reading your posts again, my question is this. Do you plan to get an MA in finance after you graduate anyway, and are wondering about whether you could play baseball at the new school?  And in that case, are you wondering whether a D3 coach could help you with admissions to the grad program?  Or, do you want to play more baseball and therefore look to get an MA in finance?

I ask because there are different answers depending on which is driving the bus. I would imagine that at some schools it would be difficult, if not impossible, to do graduate work and play on a baseball team, at others it would not.

To clear this up. I am in an outfielder on a team in the Southern Conference. Good baseball, but not the best academics. I am looking to get a MA in finance at an elite school and use their recruiters and resources to get a job that I cannot turn down. I have a solid GPA and resume in my opinion. However, with my bachelor's degree at the school I am currently at, I am not sure is good enough to get me into one of these top schools without leveraging my baseball abilities. I understand the workload could be rough but it has also been pretty rough at my current school. If it does get too bad, I always have the option to quit baseball once I am enrolled in the school although I don't see that happening.