Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfers - A series of unfortunate events"

By way of tough sharing, son got on the coaches "high maintenance" list off the field. On the field things were OK.

I believe he was given ample warning but was not smart enough to curb his ways. Good bit of naivete on his part he was never quite able to understand how some players were treated differently than others. Was told scholly would be pulled but could come out for team. That pretty much sealed it. He never complained and neither did I we just went in another direction.

Pretty much unfortunate all around but he seems to be a little more grown up now and appreciates what he had more. I told him sometimes things that seem bad at the time turn out to be good in the long run.

It has served to increase his determination.

The one bit of advice I would give parents is, if possible, ascertain (either directly or indirectly) whether a coach is willing to talk to you about your sons progress/situation etc.
His coaches never spoke with me about him one time. His new coach talks to me fairly regularly. When he speaks to me I make sure my son understands.

I can hear the "he's gotta stand on his own two feet opinion" and I agree. But I'm talking about school progress not baseball on field stuff.