Skip to main content

Reply to "Transfers - A series of unfortunate events"

This is a great thread.I read the post of 04and10 and it sounded just like the situation
my son was in.As a parent and ardent follower of this board,I never really knew what happens
in real life concerning transferring and redshirting.To be honest,I did not even know you
could be redshirted at a junior college!!!It is
incredible how many kids transfer in and out,going from division 1 colleges,including MAJOR baseball schools,to jc and from one jc to another.My son was given the option of redshirting or transferring.It was very difficult decision and we agonized over it for while before deciding on redshirting.We felt it would be tougher to go to a new school,not knowing anyone,rather and staying at the school
where he was familiar with the situation and had friends there.
This semester has been very difficult for all of us(son and parents).It is tough to go to
practices,pitch in intersquads but not play in the actual games.I keep reminding him that he went through something like this in high school as a soph when he was on the jv for the majority of his sop year.He would come home upset after practice because he felt he played better than the kids on the varsity(he actually
was better).We just had to keep his spirits up,
tell him to keep trying hard,his time would come.We are doing the same thing now he is redshirting.I certainly hope that it will work out best for him by redshirting and staying in
the same school.You never know what would have happened if he transferred-only time will tell.