Skip to main content

Reply to "Transportation in the Minors"

Don't do anything until you find out where your son will be assigned and his living arrangements. Then you can think about options. You have no clue where they will send him and he doesn't either, be patient.

Your son's team should be providing transportation during spring training, unless it is within a short distance. And in most cases all teams do not allow them to drive when they leave for spring training.

Last year they sent son to Springfield, MO, he shipped his truck, it took a month, a few weeks later he was sent back to FL, they said tehy would ship it in lieu of airfare, but since he was on rotation they gave him 2 days to return. What a waste of money. Frown
This year if he goes directly to AA he is going to wait a month and we will drive the truck up with his fiance.
It's your son's first full season, he needs to worry about settling in and playing baseball, he'll manage, they always do.
My son is close to home for spring training and was for high A, so he has his truck, he gives rides but seldom asks for gas as he expects them to return the favor when he needs it. But this is something yoru son can work out. Most of the guys don't mind helping each other out.
In ss my son was far from the field, so he got a bike, twisted his ankle badly trying to fix it, then teh host family gave him thier car as it was in their garage he got hurt, would never suggest that to anyone. Frown

Hope this helps, if you do need to ship once he arrives contact me for info, I learned alot about shippers and it's a huge business with lots of deceptions.

Best of luck to your son.