Skip to main content

Reply to "Transportation in the Minors"

I actually laughed out loud when I read RHP05Parent post. Here was my first experience dealing with Jr.’s transportation issues.

• Flight from NJ to Bradenton, Florida to pick up vehicle when son was assigned to State College, Pa from extended spring training. Picked up car at airport then drove Jr.'s vehicle 18 hours back to my home in NJ.

• 3 days later drove vehicle 5 hours to State College, PA then flew back to NJ.

• 7 days later, got call from son. "Dad I've got some good news and some bad news... The good news is I've been promoted to West Virginia, the bad news is I need you to pick up my car again". 7 Days!!! So I flew to State College to pick up car at airport and drove back to NJ. (P.S. his host family met me with the car and packed all his clothes for him since he was on the road when he was promoted. Such nice people!)

• 3 days later drove Jr.’s vehicle 8 hours to Charleston, WV, thankfully for the rest of the season.

... if you haven’t been keeping track, this all happened over a period of 14 days! Jerseyson did say thanks, so that made it all worthwhile. Wink

Can't wait to see what this year brings?

I think I’m voting for option 1 or 2.