Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - Good and Bad......."

DAQUE,

Sounds like from all the posts that I have been reading from you in most of your replies, your hiding behind your wordy analogies and working overtime trying to justify rec ball and somehow minimizing the club/travel ball experience. Trust me if your kid was playing against the best kids in the nation, and you saw first hand how hard kids work to be on this level, you'd be singing a different song.

Inate, Inate, Inate....Pretty anonnoying! Definately pschyo babble.

The making of a ballplayer has alot more to do with experiences that shape the player. Playing in "serious competitive events", visiting different destinations, and learning early what is needed to in the way of having a work ethic at practice and outside of practice (kids working hard). Speed agility, strength training, swing program where you take 300 cuts off a tee weekly as well as the other 300 swings live or at BP. And yes, 11 and 12 yr olds are doing this!

And you simply don't see that with the rec player that plays the sport as a hobbyist 8-10 weeks out of the year. I have nothing against that at all, but your in a fog if you think it doesn't make a difference when you get into HS. I have seen the poorly prepared player try out, and in shock that he didn't make the freshman team......Thank the Daddy Ball Coaches for those kids who end up playing LL seniors vs. all the club kids who are on JV as freshman.

Right now, watching the LL World Series.....I can spot the players on each team that are true club kids based on their mechanics, mental toughness, and athletism.

The competition you see on ESPN with LL, is no comparision to the level of play you would find at a 12U USSSA Elite Championship or a Triple Crown National event at Steamboat Colorado or Omaha.....NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Keep the INATE stuff up, it's entertaining. Its like watching the Daddy Baller Coach approach the HS coach and seeing him try to talk his kid onto the squad......