Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - Good and Bad......."

Changed ? no I believe in playing the highest level possible. That includes 9-16 yo. The question is a legit question. Is it you or a recruiter wanting to verbal your son. At that age you start to know what he has and his potential. At 17U my son threw 2 perfect games against 18U elite teams. 4 back to back complete game no hitters with one 15 Ks. Scouts holding him back at tryouts, carding him and recruiters calling him one of the best young pitchers they had seen. A SR scout at Long Island Tiger tournament said he was a smart young pitcher after watching him shut out the LI tigers. I still have his card. He told me he reports direct to the head office.
At 16 you should be polished and very skilled. Yes it takes innate talent but it also takes training and developing a competence level. The earlier you start the better off your chances are. Your motor skills need to be developed.
I went back and read this thread through and Daque hi jacked it with his ridiculous theory. The original thread was about travel ball the good and the bad.