Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - Good and Bad......."

quote:
Anything before the full sized diamond is not really baseball yet. There is no such thing as an elite small diamond youth baseball player. There are elite youth gymnasts but they are participating against all comers. Compared to the pros, all youth baseball players suck.

Idle ramblings !

My son's basket ball coach retired and was hired by an Ariz 4A school. He took them to their 1st state championship in 50 years. Same players and taught them how to play the game.
My son's team won their zone every year he was at the HS school. He played JV for 2 years and varsity for 2 years. He played JV because he had to be taught how to work as a team and the skills he needed. He played Varsity BB because he was simply better than anyone due to his having learned how to play the game at an early age. He didn't start BKTB until he was 15. His school was a BKTB powerhouse because his coach was able to teach the game better than most. My son was behind the other guys. That was AAAA BKTB the highest level in Canada. I'll bet your knowledge on BKTB ball is at the level your BB knowledge is. One of the dangers of this site is that guys can push their idle ramblings as gospel. I wonder if Daque has a relative in St Louis ? ALA O'Leary.
By the way MJ had a problem breaking into BKTB and he tried to break into BB in the minors. How many people do you know that starts as the CEO of a corporation.
Someone relay my thanks to Daque for proving my point.