Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - Good and Bad......."

I am not disagreeing with BHD, he makes good points, I just don't see the benefit of playing travel ball for very young players. I don't think the discussion is about it in general other than it shoulod be fun, just if at young ages it actually will produce the results you want when thr player is getting ready for the recruiting process or the draft or for even making teh HS team. Daque is correct, there is a process where the herd becomes a bit thinner, and those with the physical and mental skills (not just the elite player) will move forward.

FWI, here is an interesting article I found, son played for Mike Roberts in HS, senior summer (it was the same team that he passed up the summer before). Great team, great man (tough as nails but loved those kids) who made sure his players were seen by the right people for their ability, not all players on son's team went onto play college ball, but most likely gained those life skills needed to survive at teh next level (in son's case college). I remember son's pitching coach saying if son could play for Mike he could play for anyone.
My point is, will these 9 year olds be playing in HS?

BTW, IS there such a thing as local rec ball anymore in most places?

http://www.travelballselect.co...w&id=2275&Itemid=189
Last edited by TPM