Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel ball and profits"

I disagree with Speed Demon to some extent.  It does not happen unless you own your own facilities and make your players pay you or others to get their training.  You also have to have a lot of teams but I can guarantee you that any coach  or travel organization that has 15 teams is making good money if they are doing it right.  And any organization that has 15 teams also is running their own tournaments so you are charging players on your team to play in these tournaments that are not really costing your team any money.  Plus you have a new uniform every spring, summer, and fall so that they have to buy all of their stuff from you and you do it cheap because you do it in bulk.

You will not find an organizational owner not driving a nice vehicle and staying in nice hotels and wearing nice clothes and all of it is paid for by the organization so it does not cost you out of pocket.

I know one who built a 3/2 very nice apartment on the backside of his complex so he doesn't pay for it either.