Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball nightmare"

Sorry to hear about this but it is not uncommon. there are a lot of organizations that are in it just for the money. As you stated kids playing that are taking lessons, that happens a lot. there are good teams out there where coaches do it for the right reasons.ride the season out and find something else for your son.
Tough situation when a organization is charging players and then you expect them to play the best players but then what happens to the players that are not very good? they paid also.evryone pays everyone plays will never produce a quality team that wins top level tournaments.
The better organizations that win high level tournaments also have been accused of bringing in pitchers that sometimes dont pay and pitch to win while other pitchers sit.Travel baseball is tough.
My son has been on several teams and some are good and others are not.One of the biggest problems i see is that most parents think their player is one of the best and no matter stats or errors made they still will think that.
There is a lot of money to be made by these type of parents by these types of organizations. When someone tells you your player is a D1 guy and he really wants him on this travel team and promises him the stars, guess what hes probably telling every paretn and player about the same thing.And the player thinks the coach thinks the world of him. Its a tough situation and I am glad to be moving on from that aspect of baseball.
to me have someone evaluate your player that really will give you a REAL eval. as tough as it might be if its not what you think of your son and then find a team that meets his level. It might not be a top national team or whatever but a team where he will play and everything is done according to abilities and not the amt. of check you can write. PG showcases give good evals. college coaches really look at those. go to those, thats what i would do if i was doing it over. get an eval. talk to the org. find out how to get better, what we need to work on, place on a team that wants him and will play him and life goes on. Not all of our kids are going to top baseball schools out of highschool, and once parents can accept that there is a place for most to play if they have the work ethic, some talent and are good students.
What is the purpose of travel ball? why do parents do it? to get their players on top teams in the hopes of them playing college ball and if anyone says they are not doing it for that reason I call uncle.