Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - not seeing the value for us"

I look back(way back) and getting a couple bucks from my parents for going to a movie was an adventure. I could never imagine asking for money to play baseball. Well you see we did that on our own stickball in the street or if we had a hardball going down and playing on the sandlot. and guess what I went on to play in high school and college and coached high school for 30 years so I dont feel cheated or anything. Ok I am done with my old person back in the day stuff. Lets move forward I definitely know that 30 years ago if my son had to go through what I read today with the "cost" he just would not have been able to do it. He played high school and college . My wife and I were too busy working 2 jobs for the ability to send my kids to college and a couple thousand to play baseball would be way down on the list and to be honest off the list. It is very sad to see what has transpired over the years.  Somehow people equate paying money somehow insures succes. But the real sad part is to play baseball you have to pay and pay a lot.